* Ensure good service through robust and efficient administration system to support the business
* Expand distribution by reaching out to established and emerging intermediaries whom we have not done business with before
* Manage Pension Trustees and assist with the update of Trust Deeds and Rules as necessary
* Review products continuously to meet changing market needs
* Identification and management of product related risks.
* Ability to identify and manage financial risks.
* Effective management of relationships with external providers
* Formulate and implement effective initiatives to ensure retention of schemes.
* Develop and implement a pension strategy in conjunction with the Regional Office to ensure sustained growth and profitability of the business
* Ensure the embedment of the Business Process Re-Engineering activities
* Participate in Trustees meetings and members annual general meetings
* Provide people leadership and continuously enhance the competence of the pension staff through training and exposure to market best practices
* Analyse competitor activity to understand opportunities (pro active) and address inefficiencies(reactive)
* Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance
* Engage with sponsors, trustees and members to gain a deep understanding of their needs and ensure they are being met.
* Improve Customer Service levels to both internal and external stakeholders
* Effective execution of activities within cost, quality and time constraints i.e : Quality Control, Project Management
* Provide effective communication of the status of the department
* Addressing and embedding Audit Findings to ensure that these findings are closed within agreed timelines and the processes embedded within the business
* Work within the construct of the Matrix Environment to deliver on the Regional Strategy
* Prepare annual budget for the business line
* Manage expenses in line within the approved budget
* FLMI or ACII
* Any specialized training in Deposit Administration will be an added advantage
* Strong technical expertise in pension’s products, particularly investment products with guarantees.
* Strong administrative experience
* A strong technical knowledge of pensions’ administration and regulations
* Experience in budgeting and strategic financial planning
* Ability to operate within a high pressured environment and engage at an Executive level
* Ability to analyse management information
* Experience in change management and ability to positively lead change
* Working knowledge of accounting, legal, and regulatory issues.
* Good knowledge and understanding of the operations of Insurance company
* Possession of excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to present data reports, financial analyses, and statistics in a simple and clear way
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills
* Proven leadership ability with strong client relationship skills
* Commercial instinct and drive
* Excellent influencing and negotiations skills
* Good interpersonal and analytical skills
* Ability to interact and gain trust from people within and outside the organisation
* High integrity
* Dynamic self starter with ambition to succeed.
* Team player with ability to establish understanding and create rapport with Trustees, sponsors, brokers and regulators among others.
P.O Box 30364, 00100,