- Prepare accurate and timely Accounting reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Posting of payments to suppliers and daily expenses
- Ensuring that all deposits have been posted correctly and make any adjustments where is a problem.
- Posting of all other deposits that don’t appear on the cash book i.e. cash sale deposits are posted to un-deposited fund and therefore it is a must I transfer them from this account to bank account.
- Reconciling the cash book balance with the bank balance
- Receive and verify all invoices as per the daily purchases report after Director’s approval.
- Prepare remittance advice showing how much we owe each supplier we has supplied goods to us during the week on a weekly basis and preparation of cheques for payments.
- Prepare remittance advice after Directors have signed cheques to accompany the cheques to the suppliers showing the amount paid and against which invoices.
- Address any problem that suppliers may have especially concerning payments schedule and reconciliation problems.
- Write all cheques that are issued on LPOs
- Receive all collection cheques from different debtors and make sure that they are banked on time.
- Maintain a collection day book that comprehensively shows the cheques received, the clients name and the amount, and tally the amount received at the end of each day.
- Maintain a cash deposits and transfers book which has daily cash deposits, interbank transfers and swift transfers from clients.
- Assist and accord all relevance assistance during periodic audit of company accounts by external auditors.
- Filling statutory returns
- Follow up on daily sales reports from branches and reconciliation for Director’s approval.
- Monitor deliveries by ensuring the delivery register and invoices are updated daily.
- Debtor’s reconciliation.
- Creditors/debtors management.
- Credit card reconciliation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the management.
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting Option
- Qualifications in CPA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in an IT Firm
- Good accounting background
- Presentable and excellent communication