Reporting to:Finance Director
No. of posts: 2
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Prepare financial management reports
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- General ledger operations
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Assist with tax computations and returns
- Assist in budgets and forecasts
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Must hold a degree from a recognized institution
- CPA (K) or equivalent
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Must have a minimum of 4 years experience in general accounting
- Proficiency QuickBooks, ERP Solutions and Presentation of reports on Excel
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
- Verification of customer invoices and credit notes and ensuring that all customer records are appropriately maintained. (Including ensuring that output VAT is correctly captured).
- Prompt posting of receipts and related banking.
- Assist in debt collection and setting debt collection targets.
- Overseeing cash expenses and confirming cash requisitions.
- Daily reconciliations of the cash customers accounts.
- Regular reconciliations of customer’s accounts, instituting necessary follow ups with liaison with the departmental head.
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries.
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtness.
- Regular meetings with debtors to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
- Ensure that all documentation necessary during audit is prepared on time and forwarded to the Chief Accountant for inclusion in the audit file.
- Maintain records of all customers in a file (invoices, credit notes, remittance slips, copies of withholding VAT and any manner of correspondences with the customer) and ensure that the same is filed system and in order for ease of traceability.
- Contra accounts reconciliations with liaison to accounts payable and follow up on a monthly basis
- Issuance of statements to customers within the agreed time period.
- CPA (K) or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience in general accounting and 1 year in accounts receivables
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and ERP Solutions
- Proficiency in use of basic computer packages
Indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line.