Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to non-discrimination and transparency principles.
ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations worldwide and to accompany them in the construction of a better future.
The programmes implemented by ACTED in Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America/Caribbean, aim at addressing the needs of the populations affected by wars, natural catastrophes and/or economical and social crises.
ACTED has been present in Uganda since 2007, and currently implements its interventions in Gulu, Amuru and Oyam (Acholi and Lango regions) as well as in ‘Nakapiripirit (Karamoja region) where the organization works on a cross-border basis with North Pokot, Central and West Pokot County of Kenya.
Job Title: Community Mobilizers
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duty Station: Kapenguria
Duties and Responsibilities
Overall summary of the position
The Community Mobilizer is key in ensuring that activities are undertaken to pave way for smooth implementation. This will be through community mobilization, sensitization, conducting community meetings, group formation and assessments.
The Mobilizer will be in charge of day to day implementation of activities assigned to him by the immediate supervisor. He / She shall be required to network with relevant grass root Government line departments, local leaders and the community to facilitate actualization of the project activities.
This role is critical in the implementation of the project and carries great responsibility towards the success of the project.
Facilitate project activities in West Pokot County.
- Mobilize the community and create awareness on the humanitarian and development activities
- Support in the assessment and monitoring of the activities.
- Based on Criteria agreed on by AMEU and the project manager, facilitate identification of community beneficiaries
- Facilitate proper documentation of all the work including but not limited to work planning, timely reporting and photography of activities.
- Perform any other duty given by the project Manager and or his designate towards enhancing achievement of the project objective.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in community development or related course
- Experience in community development and humanitarian project in an ASAL setting is good.
- Experience with Pokot, Turkana communities is desirable.
- Willingness to work cross border with other communities
- Ability to identify gaps and address them.
- Ability to work in a complex environment, sometimes under pressure
- Very good communication skills (both spoken and written) and ability to work closely with other staff
- Good report writing skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Practical computer capacity is mandatory
Qualified candidates are invited to email their Resume and cover letter to the email below, indicating telephone numbers of two professional referees and expected salary to the address below not later than 2nd April 2012
Email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.