In order to deliver on its mandate, AFC wishes to invite applications from exceptionally talented, results-driven, self motivated and qualified applicants for the Head of Credit.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the successful candidate will be charged with the following responsibilities: -
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and drive challenging but achievable Corporation’s strategic objectives and ensure that performance-based schemes are in place to drive the business and achieve the results;
- Lead the AFC business development function and ensure that the organic business growth is in line with the Corporation’s strategies and plans;
- Using an open and inclusive management style, provide leadership focus for the management of the AFC Credit strategies and policies through a highly motivated credit team;
- Ensure tight performance and process controls in the AFC loan portfolio;
- Ensure that the implementation of the AFC credit policies are supported by clear lines of accountability for each service level, section managers and each staff in the department;
- Cultivate and reinforce strong business relationships with existing customers and farmers and establish new and sustainable business linkages and partnerships as is appropriate.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or related fields from a recognized university;
- An MBA in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or related fields from a recognized university;
- Be computer literate;
- Having training and exposure at senior management level.
- At least ten (10) years experience earned in a similar position in a busy service orientated environment preferably in the agricultural sector, banking sector or within a Development Financial Institution.
- Possess and demonstrate project and process management skills;
- Be a results-oriented relationship builder with an exceptional entrepreneurial spirit and capacity to work under pressure without supervision in a tough and competitive business environment so as to grow collectable portfolio and volume of AFC’s lending clientele;
- Possess excellent organizing, mobilizing, interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Be a team player able to develop strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, with personal stature and ability to influence at multiple levels within the Agricultural industry;
Apply by enclosing an abridged curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates and other testimonials, names of three referees, one of whom must be your penultimate employer to:
The Managing Director,
Agricultural Finance Corporation,
P.O Box 30367-00100 GPO
So as to be received not later than March 30th, 2012
AFC is an equal opportunity employer