This has created a strategic need to fill the position of IT Assistant.
Position Ref ICT/3/12
Reports to: Systems Administrator
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to branch offices
The person will implement, maintain and develop a compliant ICT service/help desk.
Provide day to day support to users on ICT issues.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop the ICT department intranet site and company website
- Provide user’s technical queries and guidance on ICT issues
- Install, test new application software and make software available to appropriate users
- Ensure the anti virus software is installed and kept up to date and working properly on all stations
- Share files as required by staff
- Check new computer equipment on arrival and install as appropriate
- Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, whiteboards, projectors –ensure they are prepared and ready for use
- Assist in the deployment of computer hardware
- Follow/adhere to supplier’s recommended procedures
- Development of training manual and training of non-ICT staff on ICT related issues and systems
- A University graduate or Diploma holder in IT. Certifications in - CCNA, MCSE, UNIX
- Proven experience of creating websites, intranets, general trouble shooting in a business environment.
- Experience in Networks, Email, Internet, Administration and Servers
- Have three (3) years work experience.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self driven individual with impeccable integrity.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should forward their application letter stating the reference number, CV in MS Word format with daytime telephone contact and names & addresses of three referees to:
Closing date: 23rd March, 2012