Africa Merchant Assurance Company (AMACO) has developed a new 3 year Strategic Plan.
It is in this regard that the company wishes to procure services of a HRM consultant to carry out a job evaluation to determine the human resource/staffing requirements over the plan period.
The consultant will be expected to review and analyze the twenty one (21) existing jobs to determine staffing requirements for our new strategic plan, scheduled for completion in December 2014.
This exercise is to help the company manage its human resources costs while ensuring those jobs are properly remunerated.
- Determine the human resource staffing requirements/design based on mergers, deletions or additions to existing jobs for the new strategic plan.
- Re-write more appropriate Job Descriptions based on No. 1 above.
- Comparing our compensation with those of other players in the insurance sector, suggest a competitive and practical reward strategy for AMACO based on the job classification and job grading system in the Human Resources manual.
- Create a skills and competency matrix reflecting the required competencies, qualifications and experience per the new roles envisaged.
- Fully involve the management in the evaluation exercise.
- Positions needed for the Strategic Plan based on mergers, deletions or additions of/to existing jobs;
- New Job Descriptions that clearly reflect the academic qualifications, experience, responsibilities, supervisory and reporting relationships for the positions in No 1 above;
- Revised salary and grading structure which ensures that jobs retained/created are properly remunerated
- A refined organization structure to take into consideration the strategic plan;
- Job evaluation report
- Ensure that the necessary inputs for the assignment are available;
- Participate in necessary meetings and reviews.
The consultant shall report to the management that is led by the CEO who will be assisted by Human Resource & Administration Manager together with the Senior Management committee.
Requirements and Qualifications
The requirements for carrying out the assignment include relevant experience in Human Resource Management more specifically on:
a. Experience in job analysis and evaluation, mapping and development of job descriptions;
b. Job grading and organizational restructuring;
c. Good knowledge of human resource planning;
d. Experience in financial services (insurance sector)
e. Experience in reward management;
f. Experience in human resource research;
g. Ability to write clear, unambiguous and comprehensive Reports.
As per AMACO’s standard consultancy contract ownership and copyright of all data drafts and
final products will be wholly the exclusive property of AMACO.
Submitting an Expression of Interest
Interested consultants or firms should send the following:-
Content of Proposal
1. Technical Component:
The technical component of the proposal should be concisely presented and structured in the following or include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following information:
a. Description of the Firm and the Firm’s qualifications, a brief description of your firm/institution on an out of recent experience or projects of a similar nature. You should also provide references and information that will facilitate our evaluation of your firm/institution’s substantive reliability and financial managerial capacity to provide the services;
b. Understanding of the Requirements for Services, including any assumptions as well as comments on the data as indicated in the TORs or as you may otherwise believe to be necessary;
c. Proposed Approach, Methodology, Timing and Outputs. This may include any comments or suggestion: the TOR, as well as your detailed description of the manner in which your firm/institution would respond to TOR. Include the implementation schedules;
d. Proposed personnel to carry out the assignment and their C.Vs. The composition of the team proposed, with their qualifications and experience.
e. List of similar assignments done with details of the contact persons.
2. Financial Component
The Financial Component should contain an overall quotation in Kshs budget to cover all costs which should be valid for a period of not less than 90 days. In addition, the proposed component must cover all the services to be provided and must itemize the following:
a. Total cost of the assignment (indicating nature and breakdown);
b. A proposed schedule of payments.
The application should reach the address below on or by close of business on 23rd March, 2012.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Africa Merchant Assurance Company Ltd,
P. O. Box 61599-00200,
Or Email: email@example.com