The projects will be implemented in Makueni County and Samburu, Turkana, Marsabit, Isiolo and Wajir Counties) respectively. These projects will focus on maternal, newborn and child health interventions working in collaboration with Ministries of Health.
AMREF is seeking to fill two positions of M&E Officer.
The position under the DANIDA funded programme is based in Nairobi, while that funded under Comic Relief is based in Makueni. Both report to the Project Manager.
Purpose of the Job
To provide M&E technical expertise and support project activities and implementation of the project strategy.
- Participate in strengthening existing M&E systems in the project, programme and AMREF Kenya Country Office levels
- Take lead in data capturing and reporting using monitoring tools to track project indicators
- Provide technical input in the review of reports and participate in field assessments
- Take lead in program surveys, organizing and facilitating quarterly, semi-annual and annual project review meetings with program staff and partners and giving feedback on M&E activities
- Support project implementation team to document and disseminate lessons learnt and best practices
- Ensure program integration and growth by participating in meetings and conferences
- Participate in operations research and documentation.
The ideal candidate should have a first degree in Statistics, Social Sciences or its equivalent. Professional training in M&E and at least four years relevant work experience.
Experience in operations research will be an added advantage.
Must have hands on experience in statistical analysis packages - STATA; SPSS, Epi info.
Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills.
Must be a team player, good communicator and ability to work under minimum supervision.
These are challenging opportunities for dedicated and highly motivated professionals.
If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring lasting health change in Africa, please quote the position and reference number (KCO/HR/002/2012) in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF Kenya by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is Friday, April 6, 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.