The projects will be implemented in Makueni County and Samburu, Turkana, Marsabit, Isiolo and Wajir Counties) respectively.
These projects will focus on maternal, newborn and child health interventions working in collaboration with Ministries of Health.
AMREF is seeking to fill two positions of Project Manager.
The position under the DANIDA funded programme is based in Nairobi, while that funded under Comic Relief is based in Makueni.
Both report to the Child and Reproductive Health (CRH) Programme Manager.
Purpose of the Job
To provide managerial guidance and technical leadership in the implementation and expansion of project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and project management through coordination and supervision of the implementation of project activities
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate project activities including writing technical reports for donors as well as for internal purposes
- Facilitate capacity building activities for the project implementation team and other stakeholders
- Lead in operations research, document and share results for advocacy in order to influence relevant policies and practices
- Work with program staff to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt
- Manage project resources including staff, finances and assets
- Develop and promote partnerships and networking with relevant stakeholders including but not limited to donors, relevant Government of Kenya Ministries and NGOs
- Ensure project integration and growth by participating in country office and program meetings
- Participate in the development of new concepts and proposals for fundraising
- Represent AMREF in partners and collaborators consultative meetings.
The ideal candidate should have a Masters Degree in Public Health or relevant Social Sciences discipline with at least five years relevant work experience.
Must be ICT proficient, must be experienced in project management, operations research, monitoring and evaluation and implementation of community health strategy.
In addition, the ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator, team player and have visionary leadership.
These are challenging opportunities for dedicated and highly motivated professionals.
If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring lasting health change in Africa, please quote the position and reference number (KCO/HR/001/2012) in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF Kenya by e-mail to email@example.com
The closing date for submitting applications is Friday, April 6, 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.