The projects will be implemented in Makueni County and Samburu, Turkana, Marsabit, Isiolo and Wajir Counties) respectively. These projects will focus on maternal, newborn and child health interventions working in collaboration with Ministries of Health.
AMREF is seeking to fill two positions of Project Officer based in Makueni.
Both report to the Project Manager.
Purpose of the Job
To provide technical expertise and support project activities and implementation of the project strategy.
- Develop project activities with timely and regularly reviewed detailed work plans
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of project activities and report on impact
- Coordinate and participate in planning and implementation of project activities
- Develop/adopt relevant materials to support field activities
- Plan, implement and maintain records of field activities
- Manage activity budgets including processing relevant financial transactions
- Liaise with relevant partners, stakeholders and collaborators at activity level
- Participate in operations research within the project
- Participate in concepts development and writing of new concepts and proposals for fundraising
- Participate in capacity building activities, field visits and meetings with relevant partners and stakeholders to strengthen networks and partnerships
- Participate in the development of health promotion related materials (IEC) in liaison with the relevant partners
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to the project; assist in preparation of annual work plans and progress reports as per donor requirements.
The ideal candidate should have a first degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent.
Must be ICT proficient with at least three years relevant work experience in a health promotion field.
Experience in community mobilisation and implementation of community health and networking with key stakeholders are essential.
Experience in Operations Research will be an added advantage.
Should be a team player, work under minimum supervision and a good communicator, good at written and oral research
These are challenging opportunities for dedicated and highly motivated professionals.
If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring lasting health change in Africa, please quote the position and reference number (KCO/HR/003/2012) in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF Kenya by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is Friday, April 6, 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.