We are an IT services and Solutions Provider with over 25 years experience and in operation in over 8 countries.
We are looking for highly efficient and effective professionals to take up the above position.
Reporting to: Manager Implementation Team
Location / Department: Nairobi
Relationships with other jobs
Interacts with programmers to evaluate the progress that application development processes meet organizational goals and client needs.
Interacts with Department Manager for issues related to overall management of the department and technical inputs.
Works in a team consisting of Analyst/Designer, Team Leader, Application Specialist and Project Manager for the project where the tasks belong.
Interacts with the project manager for overall management of the project.
Interacts with Project Administrators for project administration activities.
Interacts with Technical Services Department for providing necessary support to the solutions delivered/being delivered.
Interacts with Application Specialist to get and provide inputs for solutions development.
Overall Purpose of the job
Carry out the system analysis and the detailed design process, and ensure that the end product is delivered on time and within budget.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Gathers requirements and does prototyping for required solutions.
- Based on the client requirements performs ERP solution configuration including changes requiring programming.
- Develops reports and customizations specific to client requirements.
- Performs tests for the solution configured and conducts User Acceptance Test (UAT) and obtain sign-off for the UAT.
- Develops training plans to ensure appropriate knowledge acquisition for business needs. Trains other programmers to ensure that policies and procedures are learned /followed.
- Conducts training for client and internal staff for both application and technical subjects.
- Authority granted - Authorized to plan and execute the work for the assigned deliverables so as to ensure that the company and the client objectives are met.
- Resources Available to job holder - Resources assigned for carrying the department/project activities. Examples of resources assigned are workstations, development tools, office premises.
- Personnel resources like Team Leaders, Department Manager, Application Specialist, and Project Managers for necessary guidelines.
- Must possess a bachelors degree in Computer Science with major in Software Engineering.
- Must have 2 years experience or more in supporting ERP Analyst Designers and team throughout lifecycle of the program.
- Must have 4 years experience or more in programming/application development.
- Must have worked with Visual Studio.NET C#, Crystal Reports,
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher, Windows operating system, knowledge in Progress 4GL will be an added advantage.
- Must have worked with Service Oriented Architecture.
- Must have basic knowledge of accounting, planning and budgeting.
- Must have worked with an ERP like BAAN, Epicor, Scala, or known standard ERPs.
- Must have a wide technical exposure in these areas, able to explore more or its own, so as to come up with a most effective solution for a given problem.
- (Technical skills will be judged based on the direct deliverables made during the last one year.)
- Must be able to deliver on time and support meeting overall company deadlines.
- Must be able to establish a good rapport with the customers.