Our client is a worldwide co-leader in the global spirits and wine industry.
The company is primarily focused on premium spirits (the high-margin segment of the industry), and has leading premium brands in all key spirits categories.
The company seeks to establish itself in East, Central and sub-Saharan Africa with its head office Kenya (Nairobi).
Purpose of Position:
To take ownership for maximizing business volume through successful strategic planning, execution and evaluation of key sales functions to enhance sustainable growth and profitability for the company
Key Sales Functions:
Sales Call Management
- Manage daily calls to customers (stockist, on trade outlets, off trade outlets) to verify and develop product sales.
- Ensure new customers are being developed.
- Manage a sales development budget with customers in the area.
- Manage the successful implementation and execution of the promotions according to the plan.
- Schedule weekly business review meetings with the distributor to discuss sales targets, marketing ideas and tools, problem areas, etc.
- Responsible for controlling T&E.
- Responsible for controlling development budget.
- Always file minutes of meetings with detailed action plans copying all respective parties involved.
- Liaison with the Marketing Manager and Sales Manager on a weekly basis.
- Record daily sales activity on daily dashboard with a weekly summary for the Sales Manager.
- Prepare ad hoc reports where requested by the Management regarding sales, displays, promotions etc.
- Collating of documentation required for opening of new accounts (liquor licences, ID documents etc.)
- Liaise with respective Area Managers regularly to identify monthly and quarterly promotional cycles and appraising their success.
- Identify key competitor activity and strategy such as new product launches, activations and promotions in the area for sharing with the sales manager.
- Propose ideas and opportunities that could be available to challenge the competitors’ activities with consideration to the financial implications and reputation of PRK.
- Identify, develop and communicate risk management plans for your area.
- Degree – Sales and Marketing or Business Administration.
- 8 years experience in international consumer goods.
- IT Skills: Conversant with using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, as well as Sales systems.
- Valid Kenyan driving license.
- Some knowledge of international spirits and wines is a plus.
- A passionate, self-confident individual that is professional and result driven.
- Strong integrity and ability to work within a team.
- Trendy, fashionable and well groomed.
- Able to work independently within set parameters.
- Good negotiation and customer relationship management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills both with internal and external relationships.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Good at planning and organising to ensure priority task management.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted