The Company operates to the highest global standards and has access to the latest in cutting edge research and technologies provided by its parent company, The Linde Group of Germany. The company has established subsidiaries in Tanzania and Uganda with a distribution network of resellers within the East African Region.
Candidates are sought to fill the following positions based in Nairobi.
The position is responsible for managing customer engineering projects and resolving related issues with customers.
- Design, install, test and commission equipment including controlling costs and quality of project work.
- Track progress on projects and provide progress report.
- Track financial implications of customers’ variations and impact of such changes on the projects.
- Ensure implementation of the projects is compliant with company procedures and standards. Control and manage all projects and ensure all installations and modifications are in accordance with local legislation and company standards.
- Prepare estimates required for customer engineering projects submissions.
- Conduct risk analysis, review project costs and resource allocation in line with budget.
- Ensure maintenance of customers installations in line with company standards.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering with 5 years relevant experience.
- Contractor vendor selection, evaluation, installation and commissioning projects.
- Project design, preparation of estimates, implementation, evaluation and cost control.
- Leadership qualities, team management, analytical and presentation skills.
The purpose of this role will be day-to-day management of the distribution activities on site.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Organizing the day to day transport and scheduling drivers’ distribution tasks.
- Monitoring and controlling distribution fleet movements and ensuring cost efficient operations. Tracking vehicle movement and driver performance.
- Offer excellent customer service by ensuring deliveries are executed in full and on time.
- Ensure compliance to SHEQ and legislative standards including company policies and procedures.
- Managing the maintenance and servicing of trucks, tankers and forklifts.
- Conduct route risk assessments and analysis.
- Bachelor of Science degree in automotive/mechanical engineering with 5 years extensive distribution experience.
- Computer literate, energetic, strong people management, excellent leadership qualities, inter-personal skills and high degree of safety awareness.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
The Human Resources Manager,
BOC Kenya Limited.
Closing Date: 30th March 2012