Bridge International Academies was conceived in 2007 out of the belief that giving every child access to a high quality education would have the greatest impact on reducing poverty worldwide.
With that guiding insight, Bridge International developed a strategy that would enable it to launch a large-scale network of high-quality, ultra low-cost, for-profit primary schools.
Operating a network of schools supported by a strong central headquarters gives Bridge International the scale, experience, and capacity to invest in systems of management, support, training, and innovation that allows individual schools to dramatically increase their effectiveness.
Using this model, Bridge International is able to profitably deliver high-quality education for $4 per child per month.
This ensures that its academies will continue to successfully serve its communities as long as parents value the educational service provided.
The first Bridge International Academy launched successfully in Kenya in 2009 and 60 academies will be operating in Kenya in January 2012. Through rapid and strategic expansion, Bridge International will provide a quality education to over a million students in the coming years
About this position
We have and are continuing to develop one of the most sophisticated operational approaches to providing affordable education to MILLIONS of children in one of the most challenging environments in the world!
We’re looking for an individual who will fill the position ofRelocation Officer to process travel documents, visas permits, manage visa and work permit renewals, onboard international staff on basic country and company aspects and provide related administration services
- Design systems, tools and processes that assure a highly efficient desk that deals with all matters related to new and existing immigration requirements of BIA international staff
- Apply for and obtain new or renewed permits and identification cards for international staff and their dependants
- Obtain notification of arrivals and departures and residency permits for international staff and their families
- Collect from the various Embassies, Government Ministries and Departments all such forms and documents that are required for the processing of visas and permits
- Maintain a clear and well arranged photo album (passport photos) of all national and international staff and their dependants in Headquarters
- Ensure visas and permits are promptly processed, all details are filled on respective forms and that the necessary forwarding letters are prepared and signed
- Monitor and provide weekly reports to the Director of HR the status of all new and upcoming immigration documents with actions required to ensure compliance with the Immigration Act
- Maintain good contacts and regular liaison with other agencies that impact or deal with BIA immigration and international staff issues i.e. AMSCO, Kenya Investment Authority and KRA
- Maintaining proper filing records of all issues affecting international staff including effective closure of files on separation of international staff
- Keep an updated (monthly) inventory of all the different services provided by Administration including numbers of: visas and permits processed those in-process, complaints received, tickets issued, hotel reservations made, etc and prepare monthly reports accordingly
- Actively work towards the achievement of the BIA’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with BIA principles
- Any other assignments in Administration related with or affecting immigration issues.
- Responsible for handling matters of etiquette and protocol at BIA
- To coach new staff or visitors from other countries to ensure they behave appropriately in their host country or Company
- Assist in getting our international staff settled to include (arranging accommodation/transport, assisting in finding permanent accommodation) etc.
- Must have the knowledge of Kenyan laws, government regulations and guidelines pertaining to immigration of persons
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years experience processing work permits and special passes
- Knowledge of local real estate, neighborhoods and local services is an integral function of this position
- Ability to speak in multiple languages and familiarity with the cultures and customs of many nations is an added advantage
- Must have the ability to organize events, tours and other social functions.
- Must be very skilled and knowledgeable on diplomatic matters
- Must be proficient in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
- Basic knowledge in finance is an added advantage
- Must be fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- A University Degree in the Humanities
- Diploma in Business administration, International Relations, Diplomacy, Public Relations and Customer Care, Office administration, or any relevant field
- Ability to work in a team, and occasionally under strict deadlines
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to diversity
- Good level of attention to detail
- Pleasant personality
- Impeccable personal appearance and conduct
- Highly organized
- Report writing skills
In order to be considered for this position all candidates must register and upload their CV’s on our website atwww.bridgeinternationalacademies.com.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.