CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance.
The Staff and Programme Security Coordinator role is to advise country offices (CO) on how to reduce risks faced by CARE personnel, assets and programs.
This will be achieved by, but not limited to the provision of professional security approaches, the development of capacity in respect of security awareness, preparedness and management, which will strive to support programme implementation.
The Security Advisor will develop, implement and where necessary update and maintain security advisories and operating procedures which are in line with the CARE International security protocols.
In coordination with the regional security advisors and the CARE Security Unit
- s/he will be responsible to train and support staff to ensure that any risks are minimized.
- S/he will demonstrate a high level of socio-cultural, political and economic understanding of the many contexts where CARE works.
- S/he will also develop a solid working knowledge of CARE’s programmes in order to provide guidance and direction for safety and security which supports CARE’s vision and mission.
- S/he will be required to travel to CARE’s operational areas, including volatile and dangerous locations to assist COs in addressing deteriorating security, develop all security plans, and provide technical assistance.
- S/he will report directly to the Country Director, but shall submit situational reports to the regional security advisor and CSU as deemed appropriate by CSU.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to humanitarian work or security risk management.
- 5 years experience in assisting international organizations in developing security strategies for their operations. 3 years experience working/living in developing countries.
- Strong assessment, evaluation and strategic planning skills, High level experience in developing security related technical tools, guidelines and system, Excellent oral and written communication skills and Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions.
Get more details about this position and apply online from the website below:
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity, our diversity is our strength and we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.