Will serve as the HIV/AIDS Subject Matter Expert (SME) for monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS programming, which requires the incumbent to have outstanding technical skills in M&E of HIV/AIDS programs,Government of Kenya’s (GOK) national M&E framework and its priorities, as well as situational assessment and interpretation skills, timely decision making ability, judgment in planning and carrying out tasks, and strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
The incumbent is expected to possess good understanding of the US President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and requirements regarding all aspects of planning, monitoring and evaluation.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor will function as part of the USG Country Strategic Information (SI) team and will oversee CDC implementing partners’ annual planning, target setting, collection and collation of high quality data as well as reporting.
S/he will work towards translating M&E and other strategic information into improved PEPFAR programming and delivery of services, contribute to a single national M&E system in Kenya, and strengthen systems and capacity among CDC partners receiving PEPFAR funding to collect, manage, and use quality M&E data to inform program and policy in the national response to HIV and AIDS.
S/he will work closely with GOK counterparts to develop new M&E tools and review existing ones.
- A Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, surveillance, monitoring and evaluation or a numerate subject is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as an M&E officer in a health/medical research organization, university or public health program implementing agency, preferably in developing countries is required.
- Must have experience with HIV/AIDS programs or related health service programs.
- Level IV (fluent) English ability and Level IV (fluent) Kiswahili is required.
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications is required.