CHAK, a national faith based organization of the Protestant Churches’ health facilities and
programmes in Kenya, is seeking to recruit an M&E Officer to support its M&E activities.
Reporting to the Health Services Manager and Project Coordinators, the incumbent will provide
M&E support to CHAK health and HIV programmes/projects by:
- Coordinating the development and implementation of CHAK Strategic Plan M&E framework And CHAK projects M&E plans
- Producing monthly, quarterly and annual M&E reports
- Working with partners to ensure collection and processing of appropriate data for an effective M&E.
- Facilitating capacity building for member health units in M&E.
- Facilitating the strategic use of data and information to improve health service delivery
- Participating in the development of project proposals and periodic workplans
- Participating in performance M&E Committee meetings as a technical advisor
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Patient, adaptable and able to improvise and work for long hours
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, fairness and objectivity in problem-solving
- Fully computer literate with working knowledge of databases and spreadsheet applications e.g. ACCESS, EXCEL, Cs Pro, S etc
- Strong analytical skills with working knowledge of statistical software e.g. Epi info, SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Familiarity with research and scientific data collection methods
- Must be willing to travel extensively within Kenya
- Applicants should have a degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics/Biostatistics, Population Studies/Demography or a related discipline.
- Prior experience and training in Project Design & Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation is desirable with at least two years experience in a busy M&E environment.
- A post graduate qualification in M&E or other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Applications with detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and daytime contacts should be sent through mail, e-mail or fax to:
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
Tel. (020) 4441920 / 4445160 / 4441854
Fax: (020) 4440306
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Closing date for receiving all applications is March 28, 2012