Reporting to the Managing Director and Executive Director, the Legal Manager will be required to offer sound legal advice to the Business units to enable the Bank maximize on opportunities arising from changes in the legal field.
The candidate will be in charge of the legal department of the bank and would be required to discharge all duties relating to all legal matters of the bank.
In addition, the Legal Manager will be required to ensure the Bank is compliant with all legal requirements in its operating environment
The Legal Manager will among other duties be required to:
- Review and vet facility letters, agreements, security and other legal documents for borrowing customers.
- Peruse all legal documentation including Leases for Bank’s business premises and related documentation ensuring compliance at all times.
- Provide legal advice generally in respect to banking and related issues.
- Instruct and liaise with the Bank’s external lawyers in respect of security documentation.
- Instruct external lawyers and follow up to conclusion all litigation instituted for and against the Bank as well as attend court as the Bank’s representative.
- Attend Board Meetings and assist Company Secretary in all Secretarial work of the Bank.
The successful applicant should be a Proactive and self motivated individual between 30 – 40 years of age and possessing the following;
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a recognized university and a practicing Certificate for year 2012.
- 3-5 years post admission work experience, preferably in a Financial Institution or a busy law firm acting for banks and financial institutions.
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures.
- A good communicator with excellent presentation, research and analytical skills.
- A team player with excellent organizational skills
- Computer literate.
Suitably qualified individuals should forward applications enclosing detailed curriculum
number, e-mail address and names and contact of three (3) referees to reach us not later than 25th March 2012.
P. O. BOX 49010 – 00100 Nairobi