Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following position:
Concern Somalia Programme
Contract Duration: 1 year
- The Programme Accountant will be based in Nairobi, with regular travel to Hargeisa (Somaliland) and Mogadishu (Somalia) and will be reporting to the Country Accountant.
- His/her main role will be to ensure that Concern worldwide financial policies and procedures are adhered to and implemented effectively and in a standardised manner across the Concern Somalia programme.
- The Programme Accountant is expected to contribute to the effective operation of the finance function of Concern Somalia through providing day to day technical support and building the capacity of national staff to contribute towards the implementation of the finance function.
- Donor Grant Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Training of finance and non-finance staff
- Assisting Country Accountant implement other areas of responsibility as may be necessary and feasible.
- Part or fully qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent
- Broad accounting and financial experience – and specifically in grant management.
- Experience working with an INGO and in an emergency context.
- Experience in training finance staff and non-finance managers.
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by sending a CV and a covering letter addressed to: -
The Human Resource Manager, Concern Worldwide,
P.O. Box 13850-00800,
to the following email address:email@example.com
The closing date for application is Friday, 30th March, 2012.
Each application should include two referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment.