Our client, a leader in the Construction Industry in East Africa in Building and Civil engineering work including Project Management with the Head office in Dar- es- salaam is looking for a self driven and proactive Project Manager.
They will provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment while ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Keys Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage 2/3 Construction Projects simultaneously while maintaining strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality, timelines and safety standards.
- Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Select and coordinate work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
- Oversee performance of all trade contractors and review architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervise staff; review their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Track and control construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
- A Bachelor's degree in civil engineering. A postgraduate degree in project management is an added advantage.
- At least 8 years of experience in the similar role.
- Must have done large civil/building construction projects and have been individually responsible as project manager/ head for at least 2 projects.
- Must be working with a reputable construction company.
- Excellent Communication skills.