Department : Accounting and Finance
Supervised by : Finance Manager
To effectively manage the company’s credit control policy and minimize overdue trade debtor’s balances, to ensure continued liquidity to meet company obligations and to ensure that all debtors’ accounts are fully reconciled at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to regularly follow up all outstanding debts for specific customer accounts with the respective sales staff and report problem accounts to the Finance Manager.
- To verify facts of all sales returns before passing a credit note. Ensure that all supporting documentations are duly authorized and factual before processing of a credit note. Ensure credit notes are passed and posted on a timely basis to update stock records.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures of the credit control department.
- Maintain records of all customers in a file (invoices, credit notes, remittance slips, copies of withholding VAT and any manner of correspondences with the customer) and ensure that the same is filed system and in order for ease of traceability.
- Ensure on a daily basis that the accounts copies are received at the end of every day with clear evidence of delivery to the customer to prevent future disputes.
- Ensure that all documentation necessary during audit is prepared on time and forwarded to the Financial Accountant for inclusion in the audit file.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner.
- Meet cash and debtor day targets set by the firm
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
- Regular meetings with debtors to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtness.
- Ensures that all transactions are compliant with tax legislation.
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Propose write off of irrecoverable debts.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
- Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Finance Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
- Certified public accountant part two section 3 and 4.
- 3 years relevant experience as a credit controller especially in an IT firm.
- Motivated and ready to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent Communication skills at all levels are highly desirable.
- Must be self driven and able to meet deadlines
To apply please email your details through to email@example.com.
On the subject line indicate Credit Controller