The purpose of this post is to ensure the Central and South Somalia (CSS) programme adheres to all its grant management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors.
- Perform thorough review of all CSS payment documentation including those from partners for adequacy of supporting documentation, accuracy of coding, accountability and compliance with applicable donor conditions and Save the Children procedures and recommend the necessary improvements on a monthly basis.
- Pay particular attention to procurement transactions to ensure that original documents of Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Competitive Bid Analysis and distribution lists are attached to the documentation and applicable budget holder limits have been observed.
- Prepare a report on a monthly basis of the findings and recommendations for submission to the Donor Compliance manager.
- Participate in grant opening, mid-term review and closure meetings for CSS offices.
- Participate in internal and external audit exercises and subsequent implementation of the auditors’ recommendations.
- Conduct internal audits of grants processes and protocols to advise Budget Holders and Donor Compliance on compliance levels throughout CSS field offices.
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) from a recognised university.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting and financial management.
- Computers literate, proficient with excel and computerised accounting packages.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability and willingness to work under high pressure, travel to field offices regularly and to meet tight deadlines
- Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SC UK must sign the Child Safeguarding - Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SC UK’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SC UK’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
- This extends not only to children with whom SC and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for.
- SC UK believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff.
- Save the Children's Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Applications should be forwarded to: email@example.com
Application Closing Date: Friday 06th April 2012.
However, the closing date may be earlier than this date due to the urgency of filling the position.