The Eastern Africa Region, as defined by the African Union Commission (AUC), is composed of 14 Member States: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
The Eastern Africa Standby Force Coordination Mechanism (EASFCOM) wishes to recruit additional competent personnel to enhance internal controls. Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions as outlined below.
EASFCOM will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet its requirements. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be received not later than 30th March 2012.
Station: EASFCOM, Nairobi, Kenya
Grade: GS 5 Step 1
Report to: The Head of Administration
- Typing and proof reading documents, reports, correspondence, messages etc as required by the Supervisors in English and French.
- Translation of documents to French and English and vice versa from time to time as required by the Organization
- Receiving and drafting responses to routine correspondence.
- Receiving office guests, visitors and staff and provide them with the basic information on relevant issues and procedures maintaining professional ethics and high degree of customer care.
- Performing general secretarial/clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Handling communication in form of telephone, mail fax and other forms of communication.
- Handling all telephone inquiries for the Organization, arrange for call backs, provide back-up materials for callbacks as well as redirect phone calls to the relevant offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistics, English, French, Education or relevant field from a recognized University.
- Fluent in both English and French and any other AU Official languages.
- Minimum five years working experience in a multicultural setting.
The post is tenable on a three (3) year contract term to an ideal candidate who shall be within age brackets of 30 - 45 years of age.
How to Apply:
Applications together with copies of certificates and a detailed CV with three referees should be submitted only by E-Mail, registered mail or courier service to:
Karen - Westwood Park Rd, off Ngong Rd., next to Kenya Defence Staff College
P.O. Box 1444 - 00502, Karen, Nairobi, KENYA
Fax: (254) (0)20 88 46 96