The Eastern Africa Region, as defined by the African Union Commission (AUC), is composed of 14 Member States: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
The Eastern Africa Standby Force Coordination Mechanism (EASFCOM) wishes to recruit additional competent personnel to enhance internal controls. Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions as outlined below.
EASFCOM will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet its requirements. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be received not later than 30th March 2012.
IT Officer (1 Post)
Station: EASFCOM, Nairobi, Kenya
Grade: P1 Step 1
Report to: The Head of Administration
Responsible for the operations and management of the IT Systems and Equipment within EASF.
- Responsible for the Administration and management of EASF database.
- Responsible for maintenance of Network Software Systems
- Responsible for control of data and network security.
- Design and maintain the EASF website, continuously monitoring the development of the site.
- Designing and updating the EASF website on a regular basis with relevant information in consultation with the Director EASFCOM.
- Responsible for electronic publication of any EASF Material
- Installing and configuring application software, and maintain employee computers, networks, workstations, file servers, Ethernet networks, network cabling and other related equipment, devices and systems. Add and configure modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers and related equipment.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, tests and implement the solutions.
- Monitor performance of network, checking security breaches and poor data management practices.
- Responsible for control and management of EASF Accounting Software
- Responsible for control and maintenance of user accounts for employees.
- Maintain a 24hour email and Internet access.
- Monitor all network links to ensure remote connectivity.
- Email /exchange systems administration.
- Guide procurement department on acquisition of IT equipment.
- Induct employees on how to access and use the network.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems & Software
- In-depth technical knowledge of PC hardware
- Knowledge of Navision
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology and Systems administration.
- At least five years continuous in IT manager in a busy organization.
- Relevant Certification such as Oracle, Microsoft.
The post is tenable on a three (3) year contract term to an ideal candidate who shall be within age brackets of 30 - 45 years of age.
How to Apply
Applications together with copies of certificates and a detailed CV with three referees should be submitted only by E-Mail, registered mail or courier service to:
Karen - Westwood Park Rd, off Ngong Rd., next to Kenya Defence Staff College
P.O. Box 1444 - 00502, Karen, Nairobi, KENYA
Fax: (254) (0)20 88 46 96