The Eastern Africa Region, as defined by the African Union Commission (AUC), is composed of 14 Member States: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
The Eastern Africa Standby Force Coordination Mechanism (EASFCOM) wishes to recruit additional competent personnel to enhance internal controls. Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions as outlined below.
EASFCOM will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet its requirements. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be received not later than 30th March 2012.
Information Management Consultant
Station: EASFCOM, Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 1 year
- Administering and managing EASF Website. Put stories as appropriate in the national and regional media and on EASF website.
- Writing press releases & respond to media requests as needed under the guidance of Director.
- Hold overall responsibility for video, web & e-communications such as for producing a monthly PDF newsletter targeted at the partners and friends of EASF.
- Development & implementation of an overall, coherent, balanced & integrated regional communications strategy designed to maximize programme impact and build a clear and motivational image of EASF.
- In charge of quality control of all documents to be published by EASF and other structures, both in terms of editorial pre-approval and design pre-approval
- Developing & maintaining database and relationships with media based in region and with the national media.
- Translating all publicity materials and any other relevant document for day to day communication in the organization.
- Master’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Linguistics or Information Science from a recognized University.
- At least five years continuous experience in Print media, Public Relations and in a busy organization.
- Diploma in IT or 5 years continuous experience in ICT field.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and French.
Terms and Conditions
One (1) year contract.
How to Apply:
Applications together with copies of certificates and a detailed CV with three referees should be submitted only by E-Mail, registered mail or courier service to:
Karen - Westwood Park Rd, off Ngong Rd., next to Kenya Defence Staff College
P.O. Box 1444 - 00502, Karen, Nairobi, KENYA
Fax: (254) (0)20 88 46 96