Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Directors, the Headmaster will have full responsibility for all activities in the School, assuming a leadership and decision making role in these areas.
We are looking for a natural leader who is a dedicated and resourceful education professional with proven ability to do the following:-
- Create and monitor policies and practices that promote a safe learning environment
- Ensure effective working relationships.
- Carry out rigorous school self-evaluation, inspire, challenge and motivate others to achieve exceptional results.
- Management of the allocation of duties to teaching and support staff to ensure the effective and efficient performance of the school’s teaching and service functions.
- Induction and mentorship of new school staff.
- Be the initial contact for new pupils and organize arrangement of academic assessment of new pupils.
- Responsible for discipline methods to be used and Counsel parents about student progress, discipline issues etc.
- Evaluating and approving the staff lesson plans or schemes of work.
- Staff development, working with Management in the organisation of staff training, identifying staff development opportunities both within and without the School.
- Advice on resource allocation in respect of the general operation of the School.
- Direct development and updating of Student Handbook and associated policies and procedures, as needed.
Candidates with experience gained from working in urban areas will have a distinct advantage.
Candidates seeking consideration should send an application letter indicating expected salary and attach a CV along with the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three referees to:-
P.O Box 12404-00400,
So as to reach him by 3rd April 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted