Kwiminia Community Based organization (CBO) would like to seek the services of competent individual (s) / firm to carry out an environmental and socio-economic baseline survey for one of its projects to be carried out in 5 adjacent locations of Mbooni East District.
The Purpose of the Baseline
- The overall objective of this survey is to establish initial status of the project’s indicators and related conditions against which the effects of the project will be compared.
- The baseline results will be critical in establishing benchmarks for project performance measurement as well as generate data for evidence-based decision making.
- Identify baseline values of the project’s indicators for tracking purposes
- Identify policy gaps and make appropriate recommendations for project intervention
- Identify and recommend opportunities and synergies for better results and linkages
- Review the project’s M&E system including tools and provide technical advice on how they can be enhanced for outcome and impact measurement
The lead consultant must:
- Possess a post graduate degree in: project management, natural resources, Environmental sciences, economics, social sciences
- Have a proven experience in similar assignments with CBO’s or NGO’s in Kenya for the past 3 years with specific emphasis on environmental conservation, renewable energy and community development projects in arid and semi arid areas.
- Have thorough knowledge in developing M&E systems
- Ability to write high quality technical reports
- Expression of interest and Expected Results
- Explaining their competences to meet the requirements of the assignment
- Explaining in details the methodology to be used in carrying out the assignment including sample size determination
- Provide a detailed professional technical and financial proposal
- Interested applicants should provide the following:
- Detailed organizational profile and CV’s of staff member(s) to be involved
- Give detailed technical and financial proposals
- Provide evidence of similar assignments
- The consultant / firm should be registered for payment of taxes and a certificate of such should be provided.
If you have the above qualifications submit your application to:
The PIC Chairperson
Kwiminia Community Based Organisation
P.O. Box 33 – 90133
The applications must be received on or before 31.03.2012 by 5.00pm at Kwiminia Community Based Organization offices KwaKulomba Market, or posted through the above address Box or by email above.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.