This is a senior position in the management and technical teams of the USAID-funded Kenya Horticulture Competitiveness Project (KHCP).
Senior Capacity Building Specialist
Responsible for coordinating and facilitating capacity building support for current and potential USAID-KHCP partner organizations to improve their financial systems, operational controls, compliance, governance, management and other business skills, as well as other critical program areas to enable them to effectively and compliantly implement activities under USAID-KHCP subgrants, and future activities with USAID and other donors/clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business or other related field; Master’s or MBA degree and CPA preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing and managing financial, accounting and internal control systems for private sector and/or non-profit organizations
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel, accounting and other management software.
- Knowledge of US Government/USAID or other donor agency procurement regulations a plus.
- Progressive experience in a leadership role managing both staff and work content; demonstrating experience in developing staff or client skills in financial, accounting, and other internal management systems.
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously, independently, and to meet deadlines without compromising quality.