Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the overall management of the Food and Beverage department in the hotel.
The F&B manager will ensure clients' expectations are met, by planning, directing and overseeing smooth and efficient operations of the restaurant and other food service outlets throughout the hotel.
The F&B Manager must be thoroughly versed in hospitality, service and food standards, anticipating and fulfilling customers’ needs.
He must have full knowledge of Food Operations including menu knowledge and cooking methods, applied menu cycles and service standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Discuss daily with all the service outlets supervisors regarding quality of service and personnel performance
- Order all resources necessary for the daily operations of the outlets, keeping the Hotel Manger informed of any shortages or challenges
- Set up and supervise training programs for all Food & Beverage personnel
- Responsible for cost containment through proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment
- University degree or College Diploma in Hotel Management with three (3) years experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills, good judgment and common sense
- Very strong communication skills both written and oral
- Problem solving, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service, team building and conflict resolution skills
- Posses a good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to set priorities for self and others.
- Computer literate
The Recruitment Team
Fanisi HR Solutions
Closing date: 26th March, 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.