Our client The Fred Hollows Foundation is a non-profit aid organization dedicated to overcoming blindness around the world.
It is based in Sydney, Australia with a Rwanda program country office located in Gisenyi-Rubavu and is seeking to recruit a Rwandan National who is results driven and self motivated for the vacancy below;
Position: Program Accountant
Location: Gisenyi-Rubavu, Rwanda.
Reporting to: Country Manager – Rwanda and Burundi.
Job objective: To manage all finances and financial systems for the Rwandan and Burundi Country Offices through effective implementation of financial policies, procedures, systems and practices as established in the Fred Hollows Foundation Finance Manual and any updates therein, plus accepted local practice, as well as oversee an Administration Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor program expenditure against approved budgets and propose appropriate corrective action to the Country Manager to address the effects of over or under-expenditure in good time.
- Assist the Country Manager and Area Program Mangers in the preparing and revising budgets and preparing all financial and annual reports and monthly expenditure reports with variance analysis as required.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly activity statements and quarterly activity statements.
- Ensure financial requirements of the Rwanda & Burundi Programs are met by processing accounts receivable and payable accurately and within the required timeframes.
- Ensure financial processes and systems are maintained and ensure timely upkeep, security and control.
- Ensure compliance to local regulations and governance requirements.
- Maintain monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts including receipts from Fred Hollows Foundation and advances to partners.
- Prepare all the necessary audit schedules and provide documents and information to internal and external auditors during audits.
- Liaise with the external auditors and Australia, Sydney office in relation to audits when required.
- Process the countries monthly payroll for approval by the Country Manager.
- Maintain a fixed asset register for the country office.
- Oversee the Administration Officer position to ensure Administration for the Rwanda office is effective and efficient.
- Degree in a relevant field (Commerce, Business Accounting, Bachelors of Science – Accounting & Finance).
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, ideally in an NGO environment, health or private sector with experience in audit and foreign currency transactions.
- Demonstrated hands on experience of financial management, program and project management.
- Working knowledge of Financial Accounting Systems (experience using SUN is an advantage).
- Computer literate- Excel and Ms Word, Quick Books accounting software and emailing.
- Ability to guide and coach Administration Officer.
- High degree of integrity, good program financial skills and data analysis skills.
- Good planning, organizing and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Applications clearly indicating the vacancy with curriculum vitae’s and academic qualifications copies should be addressed and sent to the;
General Manager, NFT Consult,
Plot 8721, Golf Course Road, Nyarutarama,
P.O. Box 5595,
Tel: +250 (0) 785 119453
via email on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ensure you indicate the Job Title i.e. ‘FHF Program Accountant Rwanda’ in your subject line, only MS word applications or PDF files will be considered).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submission: Wednesday 28th March 2012.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.