Our goal is to use financial inclusion as a tool to improve the livelihoods of the poor in Kenya.
New ways of doing banking offer the prospect of a dramatic improvement in access to finance.
Responding to this opportunity, FSD has recently established a Centre for Branchless Banking.
The Centre will work with industry and policy makers to identify and exploit opportunities to advance inclusion through branchless banking approaches.
We are now looking for someone to head the Centre who shares our excitement at the possibilities created by new technologies and wants to be part of bringing about a major change in Kenya's financial system.
The Head of the Centre will:
- Develop and manage the Centre's annual business plan;
- Lead management of the Centre's external stakeholder relationships;
- Provide leadership across the Centre's core activity areas;
- Efficiently manage the Centre's resources to deliver its targets; and,
- Link to wider emerging global know-how on branchless banking.
- A relevant degree level qualification (preferably masters level);
- Experience working in the financial inclusion field;
- A track record in project management; and,
- Excellent communication skills.
If you think you are the right person for this exceptional opportunity, then send your CV and a covering letter by e-mail to Lydiah Kioko (Lydiah@fsdkenya.org).
Please put "Head, Centre for Branchless Banking" in the subject line.
Short listed candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th April, 2012.
FSD Kenya operates as an independent Trust registered in Kenya under the supervision of professional trustees, with policy guidance from its programme investment committee.
Finance is provided by a number of development agencies including the UK's Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA), Agence Francaise de Developpement (AFD) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation together with the Government of Kenya.
Further information can be obtained from our web site:www.fsdkenya.org