Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) Kenya requires an outstanding individual who will be the innovative heart of an exciting new project, GrowthCap to develop all the technical material required to support the Kenyan financial sector to build the capacity necessary to provide high quality SME centred financial products and services.
Based full time in Nairobi, Kenya the SME finance specialist will:
- Establish comprehensive skill gaps in growth finance oriented institutions.
- Develop practical solutions to specific identified needs.
- Pilot test the solutions within select financial institutions.
- Refine solutions through repeated implementation.
- Document refined solution in a how- to manual or toolkit
- Develop and oversee formal training to scale up toolkit use.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a graduate degree in finance, strategy, business management, or equivalent qualification.
- Have at least 8 years of financial industry experience.
- Have 5 years or more of progressive SME finance experience.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of SME finance issues in a developing economy context.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
If you want to make a significant positive difference in financial inclusion for SMEs in Kenya and possess the right combination of expertise and insight, FSD is looking for you.
Please send a covering letter and CV by email to Lydiah Kioko (Lydiah@fsdkenya.org).
Please put ‘’SME finance specialist’’ in the subject line.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Applications must be received not later than Friday 6th April 2012.
FSD Kenya operates as an independent Trust registered in Kenya under the supervision of professional trustees, with policy guidance from its programme investment committee.
Finance is provided by a number of leading development agencies including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA), Agence Française de Développement (AFD) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation together with the Government of Kenya.
Further information can be obtained at our web site:www.fsdkenya.org