HiH EA is a member of the international Hand in Hand network, which also has operations in Afghanistan, India and Southern Africa, as well as fundraising offices in Sweden and the UK. Hand in Hand International (HiHI), based in London, serves as the strategic support, coordination and fundraising partner for HiH EA.
Strategic Program Analyst
HiH EA is expanding rapidly, which increasingly requires the management team to focus on program development, implementation and evaluation.
As a result, HiH EA is seeking to hire a Senior Analyst, reporting to the HiH EA CEO, to carry out analyses of programmatic, operational and financial functions and to prepare strategic plans and funding proposals.
The Analyst will support and guide management and board decision making and help ensure that the impressive on-the-ground progress and results are translated into increasing donor funding.
This role represents a unique opportunity to play an integral role as a member of the HiH EA management team as it builds on its strong track record of results.
- Provide critical and strategic analysis of HiH EA’s performance, both financial and operational. Analyses will cover HiH EA’s individual programs and branches, as well as the performance of the organization as a whole.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, completeness and integrity of program and operational performance data for both internal and external audiences.
- Communicate and present performance, both financial and operational, of HiH EA’s programs.
- Oversee the reporting process to the Board, HiHI and donors, including data collection, analysis and preparation of monthly and semi-annual progress reports.
- Prepare, update and present the HiH EA Strategic Plan.
- Prepare, update and present donor proposals.
- Support communications to the Board, HiHI and donors through the creation of presentations, fact sheets and progress reports.
- Provide research and analytical support to branch offices and other Hand in Hand partners to communicate and facilitate best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 – 4 years analytical work experience.
- Superior analytical skills including the ability to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply findings to the larger context.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to high quality work product and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, managing changing priorities and projects.
- Experience with financial analysis and financial management.
- Direct experience working with donors and financial institutions.
- Demonstrated commitment to HiH EA’s mission.
The general responsibility of the Branch Manager is to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the HiH Program operations at the branch level, this is by;
- Ensuring program portfolio quality.
- Identify staff gaps and advise H/Q.
- Branch staff development and training
- Ensuring policy and procedures compliance and implementation at the branch level.
- Ensuring that the branch meets the set key performance indicators and targets by ensuring staff productivity and performance monitoring.
- Identify members’ needs and gaps and advise H/Q on product development, existing product evaluation and reviews.
- Marketing and promoting HiH as an organization and products and services.
- Day to day operations management of the products and services.
- Liaison and management of the program stakeholders within his area of the branch.
- Coordinating the program marketing activities between the HQ marketing and the branch.
- Write and forward periodic reports on the branch performance and other issues.
- To manage and monitor the branch assets.
- Minimum 2 years experience at a supervisory level in the field of rural development and microfinance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Management field.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of peri-rural development and financing.
- Passion and ability to work with marginalized rural and peri-urban communities.
- Demonstrate good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Age between 30 to 35 years.
- Implement performance review and performance management for all staff.
- Review the structure of the staff contract with the guidance of the Management.
- Organizing and participating in Recruitment & Selection.
- Change Management.
- Reviewing and monitoring human resource management systems and policies.
- Develop, interpret and implement HiH HR policies and procedures with emphasis on training/career planning and development.
- Developing and implementing HR Management Systems
- Lending staff related support to all departments including team building.
- Handling employee relations including disputes.
- Ensure computerization of HR Management Information and Data for effective management and decision making process.
- Management of staff medical cover in collaboration with the respective health provider.
- Information handling.
- Ensuring HiH’s compliance with all national legal and statutory requirements for the management of its HR resources.
- And any other official duty assigned by your supervisor
- Degree in BBA, BBM OR B.Com in Human Resource Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- A professional member of IHRM (K) is desirable.
- Excellent skills in IT for processing information and communication.
- Minimum 5 years progressive leadership experience in senior human resource management position.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to manage work related responsibilities.
- Great sense of initiative and creativity in carrying out assignments.
For more information visit; www.hihinternational.org
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted.