This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the position of Administrative Assistant- Front Office
Overall Job Function:
Reporting to the Assistant HR & Administration Manager, the Administrative Assistant- Front Office will be the entry point of ICAP Kenya responsible for coordinating all in-coming and out-going communication/records with key attention to both internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deal with all telephone or personal callers to the office and refer them to the appropriate individual within the organization or assist in dealing with their request for information on the organisation or its publications as required.
- Work in collaboration with the Program Managers/staff to develop a database for CIP Kenya project clients Market the culture of CIP Kenya to the public by communicating well about CIP Kenya; the business objectives, vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Provide service to all staff by transferring telephone and personal callers to relevant staff members
- Assist in the provision of secretarial services to the Program Managers
- Sort all incoming mails and distribute them within the organisation as appropriate.
- Record incoming and outgoing cheques
- Order and log courier and taxi services
- Manage the audio-visual booking system.
- Be in-charge of board room bookings for meetings using the approved company template
- Handle hotel bookings for the organization
- Work in collaboration with the HR Manager and the Personal Assistant to the Country Director to ensure monthly reports from the Team Leaders reach the Country Director in good time
- Undertake such other duties as may be assigned by the HR Manager or his/her designee from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Public Relations/ Customer Care/ Marketing
- First degree in Social Sciences an added advantage
- At least 3 years practical experience as in Front Office/ Public Relations
- Computer literacy in MS Office- Excel, Word, Power point ( very essential)
- Good inter-personal skills: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions. Ability to uphold confidentiality on matters related to staff and the organization in general Good communication skills both in English and Kiswahili
- Time Management: Effectively manage one's time and resources to organize and prioritize workload activities and deliver in good time Good listening skills
- Team player: ability to work well with other members of staff Knowledge of PABX Machine essential Flexibility to undertake other additional responsibilities
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer