If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We seek a Senior Malaria Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Associate with strong qualitative research experience to join our team in Kenya.
The Senior M&E Associate will work under the supervision of the Resident Malaria Advisor to provide technical assistance in implementing the Ministry of Health Public Health and Sanitation’s Division of Malaria Control (DOMC)’s monitoring and evaluation plan 2009-2017.
The Measure Evaluation Kenya malaria portfolio focuses on capacity building for M&E, strengthening surveillance systems, promoting data demand and information use and support for evaluations of malaria control programs. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Post-graduate qualification in the social sciences, behavioral sciences, population studies, health systems research, or a related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in infectious disease control monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in capacity building, training and knowledge management
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft office suite applications and proficiency in qualitative analysispackages such as NVIVO and Ethnograph
- Ability to work with decision makers to identify knowledge gaps and generate actionable research
- Ability to package information for a variety of audiences such as researchers, programmers, policy makers and members of the public
- Prior experience in malaria programs and M&E systems in Kenya.
- Experience working in malaria control.
- Proof of technical writing a plus
- Additional qualifications on communications will be an advantage
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The closing date for applications is March 23rd, 2012.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled workforce.