Other duties include delimitation of electoral units, registration of voters, regulation of political parties, voter education, settling of electoral disputes and modernization and reforming of electoral processes and systems.
IEBC ensures that elections are credible, transparent, free and fair. It is committed to upholding national values and principles of good governance and democracy.
The Commission adheres to principles of the law on public services especially on leadership and integrity.
The IEBC invites applications for the following positions.
- Preparation of the Commissions Annual Budget and MTEF Budget;
- Give guidance to Directorates in the preparation of their budgets;
- Ensure timely preparation of regional and constituency budgets;
- Review constituency recurrent and development budgets;
- Play a key role in budget planning, preparation, implementation and monitoring;
- Facilitate issuance of Authority to Incur expenditure (AIE) to regional offices;
- Ensure compliance with Treasury and government guidelines on public expenditure;
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of government budgetary process;
- Knowledge of Government Financial Regulations and Procedures;
- Liaise with Treasury in the management of the budgetary process;
- Liaise with Treasury for exchequer releases;
- Budgetary control to ensure Directorates, Regions and the Commission as a whole operate within budget;
- At least an Upper Second Class degree in Economics, Mathematics or Statistics, Commerce (Accounting or Finance), Business Administration from a reputable university;
- A professional qualifications such as CPA (K), ACCA, ACA or equivalent professional qualifications;
- A Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting will be an added advantage;
- Computer literacy and a thorough command of working with an Integrated Financial Management System such as SAP, ACCPAC, Navision, IFMIS, etc;
- At least 5 years working experience.
- Carry out training needs analysis for the Commission;
- Develop Human Resources development plans;
- Develop training programs;
- Implement the Commission’s training plans;
- Plan and coordinate staff performance appraisals;
- Develop succession plans for the commission;
- Maintain staff development database.
- First degree in Human Resources or Degree in Social Sciences and Post graduate Diploma in Human Resources or CPS(K);
- A master will be added advantage;
- Six (6) years of relevant working experience
- Assisting in development of policy on Monitoring campaign expenses;
- Developing policies on political parties expenditure;
- Establishing oversight unit whose function is to receive information relating to political parties uses of Funds;
- Monitoring to ensure financial reports submitted by parties meets threshold set by the Campaign Financing law;
- Preparing regulations for monitoring campaign financing;
- Promoting liaison between Commission, political parties and other stakeholders;
- Promoting continuous dialogue with political parties during elections;
- Ensuring, in liaison with other departments, smooth nominations of candidates and proper handling of party lists;
- Ensuring strong liaison with Political Parties during elections;
- Ensuring smooth operations of Political Parties Liaison Committees established by Law.
- Have a degree in Political science, business administration/Human resource management/Industrial Relations or any other relevant qualifications from a recognized university;
- Be registered with a recognized management professional body;
- Have worked in a political environment at a senior position for at least eight (8) years;
- Have demonstrated high degree of professionalism, be self motivated, have administrative capability and outstanding record of integrity;
- Have leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- In-charge of the Commission’s warehouses;
- Manage logistics of multiple shipments and deliveries within extreme time constraints;
- Arrange and coordinate multimillion shilling shipments and incoming orders between the Commission and local and international suppliers;
- Direct all warehouse operations for elections materials, including outbound deliveries to regions and constituencies, receiving, inventory control, packaging, and labeling of all warehouse items;
- Develop and establish new storage systems that will improve productivity and accuracy;
- Load, bind, and arrange pallets, label and transport materials into warehouses;
- Determine re-order level of all stock items and supplies;
- Periodically prepare a list of assets and general stores to be disposed of.
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, statistics, Engineering from a reputable university;
- Must be a member of a professional Procurement/Supply Chain Management or Warehousing body;
- Must have 7 years working experience in procurement or warehousing or supply chain management;
- Proven ability to manage warehouse, inventory, shipping, and receiving operations;
- Ability to arrange and coordinate regional, national, and global logistics;
- Hardworking and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task effectively;
- Outstanding leadership, motivation, and communication skills,
- Must possess a good grasp of the provisions of the Public Procurement & Disposal Act and Regulations;
- Must possess a postgraduate diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution of higher learning or a professional body;
- Must be computer literate and possess good analytical skills;
- A Masters degree in Procurement, Warehousing, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance or Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and managing all activities related to the design, acquisition / development and implementation of enterprise application systems for the Commission;
- Proactively seek opportunities within the Commission and its partners to improve and enhance the efficiency of the organization through innovative and improved systems development;
- Manage the development and deployment of new application systems and / or enhancements to existing applications throughout the Commission;
- Provide technical leadership to project teams and developers working on project development teams;
- Ensure development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user expectations, identify and resolve application issues;
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems;
- Ensure that development standards are established, kept up to date and enforced.
- Coordinate the development of detailed documentation for the operation of implemented systems by users and operators;
- Prepare and manage budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly;
- Undertake any other such duties, training and/or work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent and commensurate with the general level of responsibility for this job.
- Education: Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent;
- Experience: 8 or more years of IT and business/industry work experience in managing teams or projects in systems analysis and/or programming functions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Practical knowledge and full cycle implementation experience of large, integrated IT projects required;
- Sound knowledge of ICT systems in electoral processes required;
- Proven knowledge of one or more integrated/ERP systems;
- Prior demonstration of complex coordination and interaction across functional boundaries;
- Able to meet strict deadlines, lead diverse teams and projects;
- Professional certification in Project Management or ERP desired.
Applicants should fill the online form provided on the Commission website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
A printed copy of the form and copies of certificates can be dropped or posted to the
Chief Executive Officer/ Commission Secretary
at the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, Anniversary Towers,
6th Floor Reception, University Way,
P. O. Box 45371 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Forms are also available at the Commission Headquarters and Regional Offices.
Applications must be received on or before 30st March 2012.
The Commission is a equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Chief Executive Officer / Commission Secretary