Other duties include delimitation of electoral units, registration of voters, regulation of political parties, voter education, settling of electoral disputes and modernization and reforming of electoral processes and systems.
IEBC ensures that elections are credible, transparent, free and fair. It is committed to upholding national values and principles of good governance and democracy.
The Commission adheres to principles of the law on public services especially on leadership and integrity.
The IEBC invites applications for the following positions.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of networks;
- Develop and maintain policies, standards and specifications for networks;
- Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks;
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices;
- Support administration of servers and server clusters, including regular backups and disaster recovery plans;
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure;
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems;
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam;
- Work with vendors that provide the Commission with network solutions and ensure that they deliver on their commitments.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or similar;
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in a demanding environment;
- Networks certifications: Any of CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, and CNE;
- Systems: Windows, Cisco, UNIX, Linux;
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS;
- Strong background in planning, deploying and maintaining Microsoft and Cisco products, especially Windows client/server technologies, Active Directory, Cisco LANs, WANs, Voice and Security Solutions;
- Practical experience installing and configuring network firewalls and devices.
- Deputizing the Manager, Procurement;
- Preparation of procurement plans in liaison with user departments;
- Preparation of tender documents for procurement of goods, works; and services
- Secretary to Commission Tender Committee;
- Participate in evaluation of Commission tenders;
- Preparation of contract documents;
- Maintain and archive document records for procurement and disposal activities;
- Make procurement follow up;
- Monitor payments to suppliers.
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or Business Administration degree from a recognized university;
- An MBA or a Master’s degree in procurement will be an added advantage;
- Must possess a postgraduate diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution of higher learning or a professional body;
- Must be a member of a professional procurement body;
- Must have working experience of 7 years in procurement, two of which must have served in a senior position;
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be conversant with the provisions of the Public Procurement & Disposal Act and the related Regulations;
- A team player, good management and leadership skills;
- Must be computer literate and possess good analytical skills;
- Must be a person of unquestioned integrity.
- Conduct Legal research and offer legal opinions;
- Prepare and present position papers on a wide variety of legal issues including electoral issues;
- Coordinate research with stakeholders for the purposes of electoral reform;
- Undertake and oversee a wide range of litigation practice including, but not restricted to, Civil Litigation, Election Petitions, Civic Inquiries and Arbitrations in all Courts and Tribunals in Kenya, both subordinate and superior.
- A Law Degree (LLB) from a recognized University;
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- At least six (6) years’ experience from a reputable and busy Law firm or corporate organization with a strong emphasis on litigation;
- Extensive actual Courtroom experience.
- Responsible for the preparation of final accounts;
- Monitoring expenditure versus approved budgets;
- Ensuring proper updating and posting to the general ledger;
- Prepare timely expenditure returns to Treasury;
- Deal with external and internal auditors and respond to audit queries;
- Maintain cashbooks and supervise bank reconciliations;
- Supervise a team of accounting support staff;
- Maintenance of a Fixed Assets Register;
- Ensure compliance with Government Financial Regulations and Procedures.
- A minimum Upper Second Class degree or equivalent in Commerce (Finance or Accounting), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, from a reputable university;
- Professional qualifications such as CPA (K), ACCA, ACA or equivalent professional qualifications;
- Demonstrate knowledge of government/public accounting, Financial Regulations and Procedures;
- Computer literacy and a thorough command of working with an Integrated Financial Management System such as SAP, ACCPAC, Navision, IFMIS, Sun System, etc
- Membership to a professional body;
- At least 6 years relevant working experience;
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, team player with strong leadership and management skills;
- Must be a person of high integrity;
- A Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Provide management support, develop and oversee the implementation of strategies, policies, plans and budgets at the constituency level while ensuring the alignment of these to the regional and overall Commission strategies;
- Ensure that election operation activities at the constituency level comply with internal controls and budget restrictions;
- Ensure provision of administrative support services at the constituency level including distribution of election materials, transport management, implementation of security policies and protocols and ensuring the safe custody of the Commission’s assets;
- Be responsible for sound financial management and prudent use of all Commission funds at constituency level in line with commission’s financial policies;
- Liaise with the Regional Election Coordinator to implement training programmes for registration and election officials at the constituency level;
- Identify, inspect suitable polling, nominations and tallying centers;
- Liaise with regional administrative and security officials at the constituency level to ensure safety of Commission Assets;
- Undertake the verification, compilation and revision of Constituency voter’s register as required by law from time to time;
- Liaise with political parties with respect to elections and related activities;
- Develop accountability measures, monitor the performance indicators at the constituency levels and ensure the timely preparation of periodic reports;
- He/she will be the Returning Officer during elections and the Registration Officer during voter registration.
- Minimum undergraduate degree from a recognized university;
- A minimum of Six (6) years working experience in management of public affairs;
- Proven experience in results-based management, monitoring and evaluation or managing election process is an added advantage;
- Must be computer literate and should possess good negotiation, planning and coordination skills;
- Additional training, professional Qualifications and experience of fieldwork will be an advantage.
Applicants should fill the online form provided on the Commission website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
A printed copy of the form and copies of certificates can be dropped or posted to the
Chief Executive Officer/ Commission Secretary
at the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, Anniversary Towers,
6th Floor Reception, University Way,
P. O. Box 45371 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Forms are also available at the Commission Headquarters and Regional Offices.
Applications must be received on or before 30st March 2012.
The Commission is a equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Chief Executive Officer / Commission Secretary