It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC’s delegations throughout Africa.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the position mentioned below, which will be based in Nairobi but with frequent travelling to Somalia.
Information Technology (REF No.001)
- He/she will be based in Kenya and will travel from time to time to Somalia for providing IT/Technical support to the office in Somalia;
- Provide support by assisting computer users on a day today basis;
- Ensure proper functioning of computers, printers and the network environment;
- Assist in the introduction of computer technologies and ensure error free standard software and hardware installation and configuration on workstations according to ICRC policy;
- Install and maintain the telephone network system;
- Install and maintain connectivity devices on ICRC LAN’s;
- Train, support and advise computer, radio and telephone users in the region;
- Administer and maintain IT inventory;
- Plan, install, maintain and repair all the radio communication systems (i.e. Mobile & fixed radio installations, repeaters, operational radio room).
- A Kenyan resident and holding a valid National passport;
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology;
- Professional certification in a Network Operating System or Software Development;
- Good knowledge of computer culture, utilities, printers and peripherals;
- Experience in HF & VHF radio installations, VSAT and Satellite technologies;
- At least three years experience in Network Administration;
- Good knowledge of English and Somali language;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel in Somalia and to spend short-medium periods in the field.
ICRC is looking for young and energetic individuals who have good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidates should have a sense of analysis and initiative, the ability to work independently and in a team. The above position demand flexibility and the ability to work under pressure in difficult context.
Weekly trip to Mogadishu (Somalia) or on request
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the Head of Human Resources on the below address or e-mail, on or before 31 March 2012.
Please quote the reference number of the position and include detailed curriculum vitae, current remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
International Committee of the Red Cross, Nairobi Regional Delegation, Denis Pritt Road, P.O.Box 73226, Nairobi, 00200, Kenya: