The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people. Applications are invited for the position of:
Human Resources and Administration Officer
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, the HR/Admin officer will support and lead in various HR and admin functions for IRC Somalia such as:
- ensuring adherence to all personnel policies;
- orientation and training for staff;
- managing staff payroll;
- staff contract management and overall office administration.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and support and guide in implementation of policies in every site. Assist the Operations Coordinator in developing and reviewing policies/ guidelines and present to the Country Director for approval
- Ensure proper and adequate understanding of Somalia/Kenya labor laws and IRC’s obligations and advice the Operations Coordinator on the same
- Provide technical support and on job trainings for field based HR/ admin staff
- Manage recruitment process including review of CVs and short listing and ensure that all recruitment has passed through reference checks, timely job offer and proper orientations for newly hired staff
- Monitor and ensure the timely preparation and payment of payroll for the Ministry of Health seconded staffs, back pay, severance and other related pays due to staff
- Monitor and ensure that all personnel documents are updated and maintained in the personnel files
- Ensure all staffs have completed personnel files
- Ensure all employees database is maintained and updated
- Maintain up to date leave records for staff
- Follow up and ensure to conduct exit interviews for exiting national/ expat staff and maintain copies on the file
- Monitor and coordinate timely contract renewals, preparation of ID cards, hiring and termination letters
- Overall responsibility for office administration ensuring smooth functioning of the office and portrayal of professionalism- cleanliness, staff attendance, management of visitors
- Follow up timely procurement of office supplies and monitor reconciliation of office supplies with the warehouse report from logistics
- Assist in purchasing and selecting staff gifts, organizing fare well parties etc
- Travel to the field sites in Somalia at least three times in a year to monitor compliance with administration systems and policies, review administration operations
- University Degree/College diploma in Management, Business Administration with focus on human resource management and office administration
- At least 3-5 years experience with an INGO in similar roles
- Strong organizational skills, ability to operate professionally and at a pace that assists in fast tracking various HR processes and decisions
- Ability to manage demanding workload and problem solving
- Excellent computer skills, especially word, excel and power point
- Excellent in English and Somali both speaking & writing
Sending applications: qualified candidates are requested to send their application and CV to the email ID: IRCSomaliaJobs@rescue.org with the subject line as IRC Somalia Jobs- Application for the position of HR/Admin officer. Please do not attach any certificates at the application stage.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.