The IRC implements programs in the areas of comprehensive primary health care, nutrition, protection, peace building, water and sanitation and hygiene (WASH), HIV/AIDS prevention, response to gender based violence, disaster risk reduction (DRR), livelihoods and governance.
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Environmental Health Manager
- The EH Manager will directly lead the EH team in implementing all the WASH activities in Turkana County of Rift Valley province of Kenya.
- The program focuses on the establishing new community water facilities, rehabilitation of the existing dilapidated ones, training community members on management operation, repair and maintenance of the facilities, construction, operation and maintenance of sanitation facilities including hygiene promotion in local institutions and communities. In undertaking the above the
- EH Manager will always ensure strong coordination and collaboration with the relevant line GoK ministries, other implementing partners, stake holders and strengthened partnership with local CSOs as a key implementation approach.
- The EH Manager will also ensure the WASH program is integrated into other IRC program interventions in Turkana County.
- The EH Manager will administratively (day to day management) report to the Field Program Coordinator and technically to the EH Coordinator at Country level.
- BSc in Water Resources Engineering or similar field (Civil & Structural Engineering).
- Minimum 4 years of EH (WASH, Watsan) experience with an NGO
- Proven practical experience in EH project implementation, including engineering activities and M&E in ASAL areas
- Proven practical experience in partnership engagement and management
- Comfortable to work in a remote environment
- Computer literate (word processors, spreadsheet, database, CAD and statistical packages, etc)
- Knowledge of Turkana language an added advantage
The IRC GBV program implements a holistic set of services to respond to the needs of women and girls who have experienced gender-based violence and works with all actors to minimize their vulnerability to ongoing violence.
In the longer term, GBV programming will be devolved to a local NGO partner.
Initial support will be provided by a GBV Capacity Building Officer to strengthen their organizational and programmatic capacity on GBV to support the transition of GBV programming in Kambioos.
The GBV Capacity Building Officer will be 100% dedicated to working with the local NGO partner to initiate and oversee their start-up as a GBV service provider in Kambioos camp.
She/he will be responsible for strengthening partner staff’s skills on GBV, including (but not limited to) program planning, service provision, and interagency coordination as it relates to GBV prevention and response.
The GBV Capacity Building Officer will also be responsible for documentation and monitoring all aspects of the partnership as IRC transitions provision of GBV services to the local NGO partner.
- BA/BSc in Social Work, Psychology, Development, or a related field preferred.
- At least 3 years experience in direct service provision for survivors of gender-based violence.
- Previous experience in project management in emergency setting.
- Thorough understanding of gender-based violence response protocols and service provision.
- Proven experience supervising GBV social work/case management and outreach staff.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, training and facilitation skills.
- Experience in training, participatory techniques and community mobilization
To apply please go to http://www.rescue.org/careers and search for Name Of The Position. Please apply on or before 4th April 2012
IRC leading the way from harm to home IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers
all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Public Alert: Disclaimer
Misuse Of Our Name For Fraudulent
The Management of International Rescue Committee (IRC) Kenya, wishes to inform the general public that it has come to our notice, that some unauthorized groups and organized individuals posing as our staff have been extorting money from the general public for their personal gains promising to offer jobs within IRC.
The general public should please take note all vacant IRC jobs has are advertised either in the local print media or on our website www.rescue.org/careers. Interested candidates are Not required to pay any recruitment/interview fee.
You are encouraged to report such individuals/groups to the nearest police station to investigate their conduct or to IRC at IRCKenya@rescue.org.