Duty station:Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Position:International
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV)is a leading non-governmental organization working in Global Tuberculosis (TB) Control.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has been active in TB control for over one hundred years both in the national and international context.
As a non-profit organization KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is dependent on subsidies from Government and other sources, as well as private contributions through fundraising. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands.
TB CARE I
The Tuberculosis Coalition for Technical Assistance (TBCTA) carries out the USAID funded TB CARE I project.
The objective is to “Decrease morbidity and mortality by increasing case detection and treatment success of pulmonary TB patients in USAID priority countries”. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is the Prime Partner of TB CARE I.
Purpose of the position:
The holder of this position will be responsible for providing overall managerial oversight for the implementation of the USAID funded TB CARE I project in Kenya, for which KNCV is the lead partner, and coordinates and works closely together with other technical partners in the Tuberculosis Coalition for Technical Assistance (TBCTA) implementing TB CARE I in Kenya; i.e. American Thoracic Society (ATS), Management Sciences for Health (MSH) and FHI 360.
In this role, the person will ensure timely implementation and reporting of project activities undertaken by the Division of Tuberculosis Leprosy and Lung Diseases (DLTLD) and other implementing partners.
- Is the official spokesperson for TB CARE I project in Kenya and maintains communication between all relevant stakeholders including the TB CARE partners, DLTLD and other implementing partners, KNCV and USAID country mission.
- Provides strategic leadership and bears primary responsibility for all administrative requirements to fulfill the project performance objectives. The successful applicant will be the leader of the KNCV’s TB CARE I project management team based at KNCV’s office in Nairobi.
- Liaises with other USG and non-USG organizations implementing TB and TB/HIV activities to ensure coordination of this project with activities undertaken by such other partners.
- Ensures the coordination of logistical support in the implementation of TB CARE I project activities and the timely submission of reports to KNCV, the USAID mission and partners.
- Monitors implementation of TB CARE I project activities at all levels ensuring such activities are adequately implemented and ensure timely collection and reporting of required data.
- An advanced degree in a health related field with qualifications in public health or a related discipline, is required.
- Exceptional managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing complex activities of similar magnitude and complexity involving coordination with multiple partners.
- Experience with managing a donor funded project, especially a USAID-funded project in the African setting, will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of experience working with public health programs in a developing country (preference Africa).
- Experience in the functioning of the public health sector and understanding of key TB control, and TB/HIV issues is desirable.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability and availability to travel within Kenya and internationally as needed.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, CV and names of three (3) references to
Mrs. Ada Beukelman, HRM Officer,
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation,
under subject ‘TBCARE I Country Director Kenya’
before 23rd March 2012.
For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please also see www.kncvtbc.nl and
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.