Living Water is providing safe drinking water, Christian witness, sanitation and health education to communities in 16 countries across Africa. Living Water International at its Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya is pleased to announce the following vacancies.
Director WASH Program Design for Africa and Management support to West and South Africa
- Lead in the conceptualization, baseline surveys, designing and proposal writing of WASH Area Programs in Africa.
- Support Country Office WASH Specialists to become proficient in writing WASH Concept Papers and designing WASH Programs within their countries.
- Monitor and evaluate the WASH Program strategy implementation and follow up support to Country Directors;
- Support Country WASH Specialists in coordinating with all appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of program planning, monitoring and implementation for the sector activities in countries.
- Support Living Water International programs in the improvement of water quantity and quality, Christian witness, sanitation infrastructure, and hygiene promotion.
- Ensure adherence to the minimum standards of Living Water.
- Participate in periodic program monitoring and evaluation in different countries.
- closely with Living Water International Program Excellence Group in all program issues;
- Develop strategic partnerships with WASH organizations and governments; participate in regional WASH meetings.
- Provide both management and technical support to Country Offices in South and West Africa with support from the Regional Vice President.
- Perform all work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in relevant field (MPH, MSc, etc.) or equivalent experience in the field relating to WASH;
- Demonstrated experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation and established reputation in the field of WASH programming.
- At least 5 years progressive experience in activities related to WASH activities, with at least 3 years in development countries.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding of international WASH and diarrheal disease control policy and context.
- Ability to train and develop capacity in regional and country-level staff.
- Commitment to Christian ethos of development.
- Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication skills required.
- Experience working on a USAID or other grant funded WASH programs in improving the overall health status at the household level through improved water access/quality, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Strong English language skills including excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Willing to travel regionally up to 35 per cent of the time.
- Executive Assistant to the Regional Vice President
- Administer the office of the Regional Vice President;
- Compile, consolidate, analyze and synthesize field related reports;
- Support the Regional Strategy implementation;
- Maintain good relationships with the Regional Vice President,
- Country Directors, Partners and LWI Head Office;
- Keep abreast of changes in the global leadership environment;
- Market services of the Region globally;
- Support the governance structures in the Region.
- Degree in Business Administration;
- High level of professionalism and commitment;
- Good understanding of business leadership, strategic management and technical functions;
- Understanding of group processes and facilitation skills, organizational behaviour and change dynamics.
- Be assertive, results and service focused, have integrity and be attentive to all personnel.
Suitably qualified candidates must submit a cover letter (one page only) explaining their suitability and a CV (no more than 6 pages) with details of qualifications (do not include copies at this stage) and work experience including 3 references - professional, spiritual and general.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Applications must be submitted to Cheryl Batwell at LWI Africa Region via email
firstname.lastname@example.org. or email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12 April 2012.
You will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date if successful.