Reports to: Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the plant team, to identify, plan and implement and control process and maintenance activities and plant improvements.
- Prepare and control maintenance budgets, monitor approved expenditure within operating budgets and investigate any variances
- Prepare maintenance plans, oversee all maintenance activities, monitor and control the progress and budgets, reports writing and analysis of maintenance activities.
- Ensure that all maintenance and equipment documentation, specifications, designs and drawings and other reference information is maintained in safe custody and available for engineering, plant operations and maintenance
- Provide technical information and recommendations to management regarding process and equipment capabilities and limitations; identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement
- Prepare technical enquiry documents for tenders and suppliers, identify contractors and engineering consultants and coordinate contract services for maintenance section and advice the Engineering Manager for execution.
- Oversee maintenance of equipment by ensuring compliance with GMP practices and government regulations
- Provide technical and facility related advice to maintain production as well as trouble shooting the day to day production related issues by providing sound engineering solution and implementation of changes in a timely manner to ensure optimum equipment utilisation and uptime for the plant.
- Ensure that safety procedures and regulations are adhered to by all employees and contracted personnel
- Train, coach and motivate the maintenance team for effective and efficient performance; directing and coordinating employee activities and their integration with other sections. Provide an effective performance review system to enable the team achieve maximum contribution
- Provide long term strategies and action plan for the maintenance section and provide leadership to implement changes to meet corporate and government laws and regulations
- Prepare and review of sectional procedures and ensure implementation of quality management systems in the department
- Compile and issue monthly maintenance and expenditure cost reports
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least eight years relevant experience.
- Sound and practical knowledge and experience in hands-on engineering preferably in a Food Manufacturing background.
- Experience in managing and leading maintenance teams and using project management methodologies
- Highly proficient in use of computer packages
- Proficiency in computer-aided manufacturing systems, AUTOCAD and project management software
- Excellent people management skills in leadership and motivation
- Experience in managing engineering firms and contractors
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and deliver on time and within budget ability to employ CPM in decision making.
- High inter personal skills, ability to lead teams and create a high performance environment to the team.
- Ready to work under pressure and long hours
The Human Resource Manager
Corn Products (K) Ltd
Maksons Plaza, Westlands
P.O. Box 11889-00400
P.O. Box 1012 – 30100
Off Kaptagat Road
To be received by us by 2nd April 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.