This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced person committed to effective management for socio-economic improvement of populations throughout Africa.
Anglicord is an overseas relief and development arm of the Anglican Church of Australia and works in partnership with MUACK in Kenya and other partners in countries in eastern and southern Africa implementing anti-poverty programs.
This position is based in Nanyuki and will provide day-to‐day support to the Anglicord Africa Program Advisor (APA) through effective management of the administration, finances and logistics associated with Anglicord’s program of work in Kenya and other countries.
- Develop and maintain accurate, detailed financial and administration systems to a standard that meets auditing and donor requirements.
- Maintain the APA diary including appointments and travel/hotel bookings.
- Assist in drafting and management of contractual arrangements.
- Secretarial duties including reception, minute taking, report writing, document editing.
- Maintenance of office and other equipment and an assets register. Maintain stationery supplies.
- Day-‐to-‐day logistics, support and orientation to any consultants or visiting specialists.
- Maintain good working relations with project staff, the Anglicord Australia office and any relevant organisations including civil society, government departments and international donors.
- As appropriate, undertake desktop research on relevant development topics.
- As required, provide advice on improving financial and administration systems to project partners.
- Occasional travel in Kenya and potentially to other African countries may be necessary.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant area such as Business Administration or Bookkeeping, or proven equivalent work experience.
- A least five years professional experience working in a comparable position.
- Advanced skills in all software programs in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Excellent fluency in speaking, writing and reading English. This includes the ability to edit and improve English written documents without changing the meaning or intent of the writer.
- While it is not a requirement, competency with desktop publishing would be an advantage.
- A high level of self-‐organisation and motivation is necessary.
- Scrupulous honesty and respect for confidentiality. A clean criminal record.
- Diplomacy, patience, even tempered, and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Kenyan human resource management policies and procedures, and the contractual environment would be an advantage.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 11 April 2012. This is a senior position and only short listed candidates will be notified.
Anglicord is non-‐discriminatory and inclusive in employment and development delivery. Applications from suitably qualified women, disabled or members of marginalised communities are welcomed.
Anglicord is a child protection wise agency.