It is currently seeking to employ a Health professional for the following position:
Job Title: Medical Superintendent
Location of Work: Pibor County, Jonglei State, Boma PHCC+ /Hospital
Line Manager: Senior Health Coordinator
Staff Directly Supervised: Hospital Technical and Administrative staff
Relationships Internally: Senior Health Coordinator/Facility Management Team, Merlin Boma Project Staff
Relationships Externally: County Health Department, Village Health Committee, Other INGOs, UN organizations (WFP, UNICEF, WHO)
Over all Objective of the position
The Medical superintendent will be based in Boma PHCC+/Hospital Pibor County and have overall responsibility for managing the facility in collaboration with the Senior Health Coordinator and Project Coordinator.
He/she will ensure that the facility is managed according to MOH guidelines and Merlin Internal procedures.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for delivery of quality secondary and primary heath care at Boma PHCC+
- Oversee the work of medical staff to ensure that patients receive high-quality service
- Formulate internal procedures with which subordinates must comply when performing tasks.
- Participate in review of treatment protocols and ensure adherence at all levels in the facility with MOH standards
- Together with Senior Health Coordinator and Project Coordinator responsible for selection and recruitment of all hospital/facility personnel
- Supervise activities of the hospital administrator, the pharmacy technologist/technician, laboratory technician, nutrition officer and heads of departments
- Ensure medical waste management and infection control practices and protocols are adhered to in all departments.
- Conduct appraisal of subordinate staff directly supervised
- Overall responsibility for discipline of all facility staff
- Responsible for quantification of needs and ordering of all medical drugs and consumables
- Chair regular meetings of facility management and head of departments
- Ensure that monthly and weekly activity and administrative reports (including Epidemiological, DHIS, Reproductive Health and Nutrition) are submitted in a timely manner to the Senior Health coordinator, Country Health Director and County Health Department.
- Participate in data analysis and interpretation.
- Lead and participate in clinical activities including OPD consultations, ward rounds, and surgical interventions.
- Participate in conducting of needs assessments, studies and surveys.
- Together with Senior Health Coordinator organize capacity building sessions through mentoring, coaching, in-service trainings and CMEs.
- Participate in drawing work plans, preparation of project proposals and mid-term reviews with the aim of improving delivery of health care services in the catchment community.
- To carry out any other responsibility as assigned by immediate supervisor
- To be flexible as required
- To be accountable ,give feedback and information on any ongoing tasks as required by his/her supervisor(s)
- Qualified Medical Doctor with surgical skills with at least 5 years of post internship clinical and hospital management experience.
- Registered with Medical Council/Medical Board
- Experience working in Southern Sudan desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of a local language is an added advantage.
- Diplomatic with excellent communication and management skills
- Previous experience in staff supervision, coaching and training in hospital set up
- Previous experience in similar position –added advantage
- Ability to analyze and interpret health data and write concise reports
- Good computer skills-MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point Presentations.
Applications should be sent to the following by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to: email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis.
Merlin South Sudan Programme is an equal opportunities employer.