Credit No: 4714-KE
Request for Expressions of Interest for Consultancy Services For Preparation of Technical Specifications and Tender Documents For Supply of Fire Fighting Equipment, Simple Maintenance Tools, Ordinary Trucks, Motor Graders, Refuse Compactors, and Tractors and Trailers To Selected Local Authorities
Contract No. MOLG/KMP/COMP3/EQUIP/CONSULT -01.
The Government of Kenya has received a credit from International Development Association (IDA), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for procurement of Consultancy Services to assist the Ministry of Local Government and the Kenya Municipal Programme in the preparation of technical specifications and tender documents for supply of firefighting equipment, simple maintenance tools, ordinary trucks, motor graders, refuse compactors, and tractors and trailers to selected local authorities. Contract No. MOLG/KMP/COMP3/EQUIP/CONSULT -01.
The tasks to be carried out by the Individual Consultant will include:
- Review and comprehend the proposed type of equipments;
- Consult with the relevant stakeholders, including the beneficiaries;
- For the proposed equipment, obtain the prevailing Technical Specifications under the Department of the Chief Mechanical and Transport Engineer in the Ministry of Public Works;
- Based on the above, prepare draft modified Technical Specifications as appropriate for ease of procurement and assessment;
- Liaise with Chief Mechanical and Transport Engineer in the Ministry of Public Works for the approval of the adopted Technical Specifications;
- Prepare draft Bidding Document(s) depending on the combination of Lots for similar set of equipments based on World Bank Guidelines and Documentation;
- Prepare the final Bidding Document(s) incorporating the comments of the Client; and
- Prepare a confidential cost estimate of the goods to be procured
- Assist the Ministry of Local Government in answering to the requests of clarifications from potential bidders;
- Participate in the Evaluation of Supply Tender in support of the MoLG; and
- Assist the MoLG in the inspection, provisional acceptance of the supplies and preparation of provisional acceptance certificates.
Qualifications and Experience of the Individual Consultant:
- A University degree in Engineering or Science related courses with extensive experience in procurement in the engineering and construction sector.
- Good Knowledge of sources of relevant equipment supply, market trends, pricing, etc. and ability to conduct basic market research;
- Experience in reviewing and preparing technical specifications for the equipment under this assignment;
- At least 5 years experience in a business environment in procurement services either public or private sector international organizations.
- Have good working knowledge of Government of Kenya and World Bank Procurement procedures and documents;
- Have working knowledge of Ms Office software, MS Project, windows etc.; and
- Should preferably have undertaken a similar assignment in the last five years.
Interested consultants must provide information that demonstrates their qualification to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrower, May 2004 (Revised October, 2006 and May 2010).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 0800 to 1700 Hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1230 to 1400Hrs) and public holidays.
Applications to be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Office of the Deputy Prime Minister & Ministry of Local Government
Jogoo House ‘A’
P.O. Box 30004 - 00100
The applications to be submitted in the manner stated above should be deposited in the Tender Box located at Jogoo House ‘A’ 1st Floor, Taifa Road so as to be received not later than 18th April, 2012 at 12.00 noon (East African Time)
The opening of the submitted applications will be done immediately on 18th April, 2012 starting at 12.00 noon (East African Time) at the Conference Room, at Jogoo House ‘A’, 1st Floor and applicants or appointed representatives are allowed to attend.
Head, Supply Chain Management
For: Permanent Secretary