The ED is responsible to the MTG Board and is the primary liaison officer with donors, government and other stakeholders.
The Executive Director Is responsible for:
- Driving the vision and mission of MTG by providing oversight and strategic direction to MTGs programs as well as leadership and mentorship to staff
- Maintaining existing and negotiating new donor relations and contracts
- Mobilizing MTG resources, overseeing budgeting, and ensuring timely financial reporting.
- Ensuring performance targets are met and MTG’s strategic plan is implemented.
- Ensuring MTG’s compliance with contractual and statutory obligations
- Developing MTG’s financial and human resource management systems to meet international standards
- Providing oversight and support to the senior staff including the Finance and Administration and Programme Managers
- Acting as the main liaison between MTG staff members, the Board and Trustees and coordinating the Board meetings, Demonstrable skill and competencles
- Ability to identify, negotiate, and harness funding and programme development opportunities.
- Capacity for decision making and sound judgment.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Relationship building and people management skills
- Commitment to the sport for development approach
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social sciences or related fields.
- 5 years experience in senior leadership and management position in an NGO setting
- Experience in strategic programme planning, implementation, M&E
- Background in sexual & reproductive health, rights and advocacy for girls and young women
To apply, please send your application letter and detailed CV addressed to:
Moving the Goalposts
P.O. Box 605 —80108, Kilifi
Applications should be sent via email to infomtgk.org before March 30, 2012.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted