MSF Switzerland(MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
In Sudan, MSFCH is currently operating in Agok project in Warrap state where it is running comprehensive primary and secondary health care services.
We are looking for a midwife to be located in the Agok field project.
Location: Agok in South Sudan Start date: as soon as possible
Type of contract: Fixed (1 year- renewable)
- Represent MSF and maintain regular contact with authorities and stake holders at community level (community leaders, coordinators, social development actors, NGOs, enabling community health centres,schools, etc. .. .)
- Carry out advocacy and communication activities aimed at improving knowledge of relevant health areas.
- Perform continuous community monitoring general health status, malnutrition, epidemic diseases via community network and regular assessments
- Be proactive in identification of emergency situations
- Ensure defaulter tracing for patients of MSF via community network
- Improve referral system by CC and TBAs
- Improve and stabilize the IEC component of the project via community contacts
- Enhance understanding of community needs and local health seeking behaviour
- Responsible for the organization and implementation of trainings and workshops with target groups according to plan work on Information, Education and Communication (IEC)
- Propose, plan and carry out education, training and workshops for educators, health service users, health professionals, public authorities, community leaders and other support groups to affecting the health of the population.
- Develop workshops or lectures on project related subjects and the services offered by MSF.
- Ensure correct and constant data collect, submit the monthly report on time
- Ensure a relevant transfer of information to your direct manager
- Report immediately to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
- Qualified nurse with diploma/degree recognized by the government
- 2 year experience working as nurse, 1 year on community level in rural set ups
- Ability to converse in English, knowledge of Dinka language is an advantage
- Previous MSF experience is an asset
- Organized, methodical and accurate
- Able to work under strict deadlines and pressure
- Must be a good team player
- Good communication skills, ability to listen and diplomacy, cultural sensitive
- Motivated with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new working methods
- Ability to live and work in a multidisciplinary, multicultural and remote environment.
Community Network Nurse” to:
HR Manager, MSF Switzerland - South Sudan Mission,
Deadline: 30th March, 2012 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.