We attract and serve unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. We are seeking to recruit for the position ofEvent Manager in Marketing department.
The Events Manager will be charged with conceptualizing and managing a broad spectrum of NMG events to grow audience engagement and generate new revenue streams.
The job holder will work in close liaison with NMG’s Brand and Product managers and will be responsible for managing the entire event process, from conceptualization through to implementation and post
The Events Manager should have eye for detail, be an enthusiastic professional able to build relationships with internal and external partners, and deliver outstanding customer service to sponsors.
- Work with the brand and product teams to identify event opportunities that will drive brand-audience engagement and deliver revenue
- Conceptualise and manage outstanding events in line with brand objectives
- Ensure the smooth execution of event production and logistics tasks
- Write compelling sponsorship proposals and work in close liaison with the advertising sales team to drive sponsorship sales
- Ensure sponsor obligations are managed and delivered effectively during the execution of each event.
- Negotiate and manage external suppliers and vendors to ensure delivery of value.
- Event management skills - At least 3-4 years working in an event agency at a middle to senior management level.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work cross-functionally- ability to think on your feet.
- Budget management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Good proposal-writing skills a must.
- University graduate in Business, Marketing or other related field.
- Creative thinker.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- High energy.
- Fantastic customer service ethic.
- High quality standards.
- Remain calm and focused under pressure.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at;
and by quoting our ref HR-EM-03-201 2
before 9th April 2012.