We attract and serve unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit suitable candidates for positions in our IT, Circulation, Africa Project and Editorial Departments.
SAP Basis Administrator
We invite applicants who are result oriented IT professionals with proven track records and
attributes to excel in a highly competitive 24 by 7 by 365 environment.
The SAP BASIS Administrator position reports to the IT Business Systems Manager.
- Administration, Configuration and Support of SAP systems;
- Provide first level technical end user support in a mixed Mac, PC and Server environment;
- Maintain systems backup, security and contingency plans to ensure continuity and high availability of existing business systems;
- Liaise with external service providers to ensure maximum systems availability
- Meet or exceed the set Service Level Agreement KPIs;
- Maintain system landscape changes and enhancements in line with the set company policies and procedures
- Play an active role in the planning and implementation of IT related projects and
- Training end users on the various applications to maximize utilization of IT resources.
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Certification in SAP BASIS
- 2 Years minimum SAP BASIS experience
- Overall understanding of technical architecture knowledge
- General understanding of the full spectrum of hardware and software Infrastructure; including the underlying dependencies and implications
- Knowledge of Oracle database administration
- Experienced in SAP Systems installations and migrations
- Strong Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work during odd hours
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
We are seeking to recruit a smart candidate for the position of Research Editor for our Africa
You will need to have a university degree, and be a competent writer in English; be knowledgeable on Africa; adept at internet research; worked on a website before; and
have the ability to establish contacts and sources in with libraries, archives, and research
institutions in the wider Eastern African region.
A good people-person, you must be able to perform and deliver within tight deadlines.
Nation Media Group is an equal opportunity employer, and seeks to have a diverse work force, so be bold and apply.
Sub Editors - Business Daily, East African and Taifa Leo
We are looking for talented, innovative and enthusiastic journalists with proven writing and
editing abilities as well as sound knowledge of current affairs.
Key result areas will include:
- Checking and correcting editorial copy
- Selecting and cropping pictures;
- Working within tight deadlines;
- Designing pages
- First degree in journalism, or a degree in any other field, plus a postgraduate diploma in journalism;
- 3 to 4 years working experience either as a sub editor or a reporter;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and cope with tight deadlines;
- Taifa Leo candidates must demonstrate a mastery of Kiswahili.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.